Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Luke & Tawny Engagement Session [Chapman University/Downtown Orange]

First day of college and Tawny heads to English class. Little did she know that her future husband would be stealing her pen. As she tried to steal it back, the professor said "You guys are cute, but can you please save that for friday night?". Mortified, Tawny made a mental note to keep a safe distance from Luke, but the two were inseparable, as friends. They played it off as friends for a while but everyone else knew that the two were destined to be together... and by junior year, Tawny was in the football stands cheering on her man.

Since Chapman University was where their love bloomed, it only seemed fit that we have their engagement session there. The couple currently lives in Hanford, CA which is about 4 hours north of Orange County but they knew they had to make the drive down. They also brought along Toby, a dog they had bought together as a puppy.

The four of us had such a nostalgic time wandering around the campus where we all once studied. There have been so many changes as well but we'll always remember the old library, the old football field, and the quad that didn't allow swimming. For Luke and Tawny, it's Beckman 102...the room where they met, the cafe in Argyros where they ate and "The Circle" where they strolled.


One of the first things Tawny told me is that she hoped I wouldn't be disappointed because she can't do the "serious model face" she sees everyone doing in all of my photographs. I thought she was exaggerating but by the end of the day, I realized Tawny was just born to smile... and her smile is radiant and charming from ear to ear!

This is the new gorgeous stadium. I was so relieved at Luke's forgiving attitude when I told him I hadn't been to ONE football game the entire four years I went to school there. Luke, I'm sure the games were amazing and I'm such a goon for not going to any of them!!




Luke and Tawny love country music...like me! So we HAD to find a book that suited them!
I love this shot because it definitely captures their playfulness and how silly they can be! We were all trying to contain our laughs since all the students were nearby studying, but you should have seen Luke's pose when I stopped directing him!

Thank you Argyros Forum for having this gorgeous spiral staircase to showcase their love!
We reenacted the pen stealing debacle in Beckman. Such a cuuute story!



After taking some shots around the campus, we walked over to Downtown Orange to get more of the three of them. Look at Toby's hankerchief! I love it!

You guys are stunning! By the end of the day these two were naturals in front of my camera! See, you guys had nothing to worry about!

Good job Luke, the ring you chose is absolutely beautiful!



Luke and Tawny, thank you so much! Tawny, thank you for that message almost a year ago telling me you wanted me to do this shoot even before you were even engaged. Thank you for believing in me, trusting me, and letting me be a part of this amazingly important day in your lives together!! Go Panthers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment