Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Meet my Intern! [Kayla] Downtown Encinitas

This year I have two fabulous interns that I already love! Kayla is one of them and little did I know she wanted to be my intern for a long time. She was quietly preparing with practice interviews and she made a point to attend a presentation by my last year's intern so she could see what it was like. I remember month's ago, Danielle told me that a girl came up to her and was very excited to see her presentation and here we are!

I knew right away that she would be a perfect fit because we both love vintage film cameras, have an unusual affinity to boots and can't get enough of Angelo's french fries. And after we did this fabulous photoshoot, we went shopping at Encinitas' best resale stores, Home and Flashbacks which definitely sealed the deal and I had to have her by my side this year!

GET TO KNOW KAYLA

If you could photograph anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
James Dean of course!

If you could do a photoshoot anywhere in the world? Where would it be?
NYC

Photographer/artist that inspires you and why:
Noah Lennox of Animal Collective for taking risks and creating sounds that no one has heard before. Their music helps open my mind and try new things

What would be your last supper?
Peanut butter and banana sandwich

What is your favorite type of photography?
Any kind of vintage film cameras

What is your favorite childhood memory?
Camping and riding horses with my dad in Indian Princesses

Favorite color:
Maroon

Favorite book:
I guess if i had to narrow it down to my favorite book of all time it would be East of Eden by John Steinbeck, but overall my favorite author is David Sedaris

Favorite song:
As of today, I Follow Rivers by Lykke Li. I'm sure tomorrow will be something new I can never stick with one

Favorite movie:
Marie Antoinette

Favorite TV show:
Tosh.O, always




















No comments:

Post a Comment